Cycling Events in Saskatoon
Saskatoon Short Track
Mountain Bike Series
COVID-19 Response – Please read the entire 2021 program below. This may be updated throughout the program and/or registration period as allowed or required by the Government of Saskatchewan’s Return to Play guidelines.
Back for 2021, the third annual Saskatoon Short Track Mountain Bike series will be held at Robert Hunter West Park.
Races will be held on Wednesdays throughout Spring & Summer of 2021:
June 9, 2021
June 16, 2021
June 23, 2021
June 30, 2021
July 7, 2021
July 14, 2021
July 21, 2021
July 28, 2021
August 4, 2021 (make-up)
August 11, 2021 (make-up)
What is Short Track?
Short track is spectator friendly mountain bike racing. For 2021, we will be running this program again as a practice/scrimmage format in line with the SCA’s return to play protocols. We have a great loop at Robert Hunter West Park in Saskatoon (across the street from École River Heights School), and will also be setting up a skills development area. Develop your skills and try out cross country Mountain Bike racing right in the city. Skills practice is approx 25 minutes, and the scrimmage is 10-15 minutes long (based on age/ability). The program is focused on kids 12 & under for 2021.
● Fast and Fun MTB program
● Great for kids and speed demons alike.
● Rider friendly courses.
● Kick/balance bikes, 12″, 16″, 20″, and 24″ wheels all work great on the course, and any bike
in safe working order will do! (No training wheels please)
Fees & Registration
Entry fee is $40 for all categories, for the entire program!
All participants will need to hold a Saskatchewan Cycling Association general or racing membership (this is for insurance purposes). Space is limited in 2021, so please register early! This is all integrated into a single transaction online via the CCN website where you can purchase the program and membership at the same time. If you already have a 2020 SCA membership or race licence, you will only be required to purchase the program registration. All registrations will be through CCN, there will be NO CASH REGISTRATION on site.
● Group 1 (15 participants)
○ Ages 3-8 years old (boys/girls)
○ Skills area from 5:45 – 6:10pm
○ Scrimmage race @ 6:15 (~10-15 min)
● Group 2 (15 participants)
○ Ages 4-10 years old (boys/girls)
○ Skills Area from 6:20-6:45pm
○ Scrimmage race @ 6:50 (~10-15 min)
● Group 3 (15 participants)
○ Ages 6-12 years old (boys/girls)
○ Skills area from 6:55-7:20pm
○Scrimmage race @ 7:25 (~10-15 min)
Each group is limited to 15 participants only!
25 minutes of skills
~10-15 minute scrimmage race
Starts: 6:55 pm
25 minutes of skills
Notes for Participants
Notes for Participants
We recommend that each racer has a bottle of water
Be careful when leaving the park as other groups will be present.
The course may cross walking paths.
Everyone will use the same ~500m course for 2021
Please arrive on time as in 2021 we will have to stick to the schedule. If you are late, please go directly to your group
No results in 2021
For 2021, our age categories have overlap to allow families with multiple kids to register their kids in the same category. We ask that families try to register their kids in the same category wherever possible.
- For 2021, all registrants must be residents of the greater Saskatoon area. If you are unsure if you should register, please contact us.
- Parents are asked to monitor their children for illness and check temperatures before attending each week. If you are sick, please stay home and we will gladly see you the week after! There may be a weekly questionnair for each participant
- We have some amazing sponsors and all participants will receive some sweet prizes throughout the program!
Proudly Sponsored by
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes! This kind of event is designed for kids and adults who are getting their first taste of
mountain bike racing. If you, or your kids, like it, we can help recommend more events to
participate in as well.
A: 1. Have Fun!
2. No Bumping!
The Commissaire may also have some pre-race instructions for participants, so listen up at the start and then go have fun!
Generally, there will be no refunds. However, partial refunds may be issued in some exceptional circumstances to be evaluated on a case by case basis.