Cycling Events in Saskatoon
PCDI Ride the Ridge Sask Cup 1
Let’s Go Racing!
PCDI Ride the Ridge Sask Cup 1 is one of only two provincial series XCO race in the greater Saskatoon area being held in 2023. We are offering a full range of categories for all ages and abilities.
Kids 12 & Under will start racing at 9:30am on the Hayleebird trail. Young kids who are new to mountain biking should sign up for the lower loop race as it flatter and and better suited for kids that are just starting out. Kids that are a bit older can go in the race using the full loop where they’ll get to go up and down the hill a bit on a nice flowing loop. Both races will last about 15 minutes. Afterwards, stick around for a bit to watch the big race too!
The main event starts at 11am and will race on a ~5.5km course around the park. Race distances will be as follows:
- Elite Men – 5.5 Laps
- Elite Women – 4.5 Laps
- Expert Men – 4.5 Laps
- Expert Women – 3.5 Laps
- Sport Men – 3.5 Laps
- Sport Women – 2.5 Laps
- Novice Men – 2.5 Laps
- Novice Women – 1.5 Laps
- Junior Expert Men – 3.5 Laps
- Junior Expert Women – 2.5 Laps
- Youth Sport Men – 2.5 Laps
- Youth Sport Women – 1.5 Laps
- Beginner M&W – 1.5 Laps
Races will start with a partial lap that gives the mass start a bit of time to spread out.
Race Day Sign-on opens at 8:30AM. As this is the first race of the season, please come early to make sure you have time to get your number plate!
Fees & Registration
Please click the registration button below for race registration and fees.
All racers in the main event will need to hold a Saskatchewan Cycling Association racing membership or a single event license, both of which can be purchased during your registration. Kids do not need any extra memberships or licenses to participate in the Hayleebird kids races. Early bird registration discounts are available until April 30th at 11:30pm, so register early to get the best deal, and be eligible for the extra registration bonuses! All registration closes at 5:00pm on May 13th, and please don’t get caught by the late registration penalty for registering in the last 24 hours.
NO CASH REGISTRATION on site!!!
Notes for Participants
- Please come prepared with proper water and food
- The course may cross walking paths.
- Please arrive on time, people arriving late may miss their start
- Results will be posted as soon as possible after the race
- There is an outhouse near the middle of the park which will be open, and there will be a porta-pottie near the registration area, but otherwise there are no facilities at the site, please plan accordingly!
- Participants are asked to monitor themselves for illness and check temperatures before attending. If you are sick, please stay home!
- There will be prizes for the top three in each category or the top 1/3 of each category, whichever is less.
- We highly recommend pre-riding the course before race day to familiarize yourself with the terrain
- Always ride within your ability, and if not comfortable with a section, please walk or run your bike!